June 15, 2010
Ok, I went a little over the top with my nails, but when I saw these little gems at Sally the other day, I just couldn’t help myself! They are by a company called FIMO Cane and are sold in beauty supply stores all over. I couldn’t find them on Sally’s site, so if you are interested in purchasing, CLICK HERE. The craziest part is that these nail decals are made of CLAY and can be used for decorating not only nails, but cell phone covers, vases, etc. They look like fun little Lisa Frank erasers (throw back to 1990!) I half expect a little dolphin to jump out of a rainbow at me! You can buy them in the “cane” form and slice them up, or just do what I did and buy them in a package that’s already cut up and ready to use. I bought the flower/butterfly package, but I did notice they have a Fruit Slices one as well. I’m on a hunt for other themes (Nautical, anyone?), because I am now obsessed!
I waited until my nail polish was tacky (in between wet and dry) then used tweezers to pick each lil’ guy up and pressed it onto my nail. I coated each nail with clear top coat afterward. It’s only Day 2, and they still look good. Here’s hoping they will last a week! Enjoy…
June 14, 2010
1) Mood- Super Charged! I’m doing Quick Trim and it’s give me an extra boost of energy… doesn’t help that I had a cup of coffee too.
2) What’s one lip gloss you find yourself buying over and over again?- I legit own about 100 lip glosses, and I’m constantly wanting to try new ones, so I never have one that I use all the time. I’ll use one lip gloss a week and then dip into my collection to try another. I die for Chanel’s LÈVRES-SCINTILLANTES though…God they are gorgeous.
3) Something You’d Like to Improve about Yourself? I’m not the most patient person. Everything in my life is a rush. I’m easily annoyed with everything from waiting for a reply to an email I have sent, to driving in rush hour traffic, and really, all this being impatient only makes my life harder to live. I so wish I could be more patient, and enjoy the present instead of always doing things 5 years ahead of time!
4) Guys with Beards-Hot or Not? My man has a baby face, and every once in awhile he grows out a goatee per my request. I love it either way. Just don’t enjoy that 2-day stubble.
5) Eyes/Lips/Cheeks- EYES: MAC’s “Painterly” paint pot, Blacktrack eyeliner. LIPS: Bingo! Plushglass by MAC obvs, CHEEKS: my summer cheeks, Goddess blush (bright orange, limited edition MAC) and Apricot shimmer dust
6) What are You Looking Forward to This Summer? My girl Holly visiting me, going to the LUSH party in Bev Hills with our dogs (yay!), going to San Diego with Dylan and hitting up the beach with my sister, once this ridic weather clears up! Oh and the LAKERS WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP! I’d always like to squeeze in a couple of Dodger games. I love summer!
7) What’s One Random Thing You’re Great At Doing? NAILs! I don’t know what it is, but I find it so therapeutic to do my own and others’ nails, and, depending on how gross your feet are, I’ll even do pedicures. I just enjoy the art factor of doing nails and all the pretty colors. *sigh*
8) What’s Your Favorite Eyeliner? HANDS down, MAC’s Fluidline, in any color. If you’re looking for super long wearing, water-proof-to the-point-that-you-could-scuba-dive in, I also recommend MAC’s LiquidLast. I know. I’m a total MAC whore.
9) Outfit: Jeggings, black Gladiator sandals, black sequin tunic, black Wayfarer sunglasses. I rock.
10) Weekly Goals: Get back into the gym and work.it.out. Book more clients for July spots. Get Nancy Grace in SKY magazine. Spend time with my sister and bf. They are my life, ya know.
June 9, 2010
Last weekend, I went to a fabulous vineyard wedding in Northern California and did the makeup for the bridal party. Here is the Mother of the Bride. She wore a navy blue long gown with crystal accessories. Her skin is on the oily side so I packed her down with MAC Matte Cream, Prep + Prime Skin and Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. The powder can be worn on top of or underneath foundation. It’s such a shine-saver!
I gave Becky’s olive complexion coral cheeks and lips to make it pop and matched her eyes to her dress.
June 8, 2010
Hello fellow ShOpAhOLiCs!
As I mentioned in my last blog, I received my second BagHaus handbag in the mail last week and have been toting it around all over Northern California on a trip to a friend’s wedding. It comes in a variety of colors (I chose tan) and from first hand experience I can tell you that it’s heavy-duty. From carrying my regular stash (wallet, phone, lip gloss, etc) to stuffing the bag with last-minute things I forgot to pack, snacks, my ten pound planner and later jamming every kind of makeup item you can think of while getting seven women ready for a big wedding, it did me proud. The Nila Anthony Alessandra tote is made of VEGAN leather, which is really important to me, as I try not to use any kind of animal byproducts in daily use. It’s the same reason I love MAC products so much, because they are animal cruelty-free and made to last. It comes with two carrying handles, big enough to hold up to your shoulders as well as an adjustable strap. Gold colored hardware and side zippered pockets for your keys, phone etc. Best of all, it doesn’t dig into your shoulders, even if it is full to the brim. It goes for $58.00 on the site, which qualifies for (drumroll here) FREE SHIPPING!
Check out how cute the inside is! Silky floral print to brighten up your day :) Don’t mind my neon yellow nails.
Capuccino thought the bag was for toting him, which in hindsight, I suppose I actually could do. There was enough room in there for seven-pounds of doggy love and the rest of my stuff.
Even my mom, visiting from Vegas, got in on the action. She wants the same bag and is already planning on borrowing mine. Here she is modeling the adjustable strap and Cappy going along for a ride.
I know…my life is ridiculous. And thanks to companies like BagHaus, I can be a little more prepared. I just love how versatile this bag is. I can use it for every day (and you bet I do) , carry my dog, throw in extra items like food and clothes, or use it as a traveling makeup kit. What uses for your hangbag do you have?
June 8, 2010
I want to tell the world about a fabulous affordable handbag website that my coworker Connie found and now we all obsessed with. If you have me on your Facebook page, you already know what I am talking about. BAGHAUS.COM is located out of Whittier, California and has received tons of press in magazines such as O (The Oprah Magazine) and Us Weekly, as well as being featured on NBC’s The Today Show. They sell all kinds of handbags, diaper bags and accessories, from brands everyone has heard of for incredible prices. Shipping is a standard $4.95 and FREE SHIPPING for anything over $50.00.
This company really listens to their customers and provides feedback and information via social media. They offer all kinds of fun contests on their Twitter and Facebook pages (hello, I won a free wallet in April!) as well as a Youtube channel chock full of advice and goodies, not to mention a great little blog. Click on the links below to fall in love with BAG HAUS like I did!
Facebook Fan Page
I recently purchased this pink Nicole Lee beauty which can be worn two ways:
Did you just die or what?! I get constant compliments on this little treasure. It’s great for someone like myself who is constantly on the go and needs a versatile bag for their crazy life! I could have on baggy sweatpants and a dingy gym shirt on, but as long as I’m carrying this purse, I feel like a winner lol.
I just received another bag from BagHaus that I will be blogging about tomorrow, so stay tuned! Click Here for a sneak peek!