November 24, 2010
Here’s a silly video of me rocking my leopard look from last week. There are literally a million photos of my mug! The song is a Muse cover of that old jam “Feeling Good.” Hope it makes you laugh, smile and feel inspired. Enjoy…
November 22, 2010
Ok, Chantal is going to kill me for posting it, but I really don’t care. The image on the right is a look from Makeup For Ever. I recreated it on my favorite guinea pig, my little sis. I also call this look “Pretty Cholla” ;)
November 22, 2010
Anyone who knows me well knows that my favorite color combo is black and gold. Imagine my delight when I went on a mad spree at Sephora and found that the Chic Prints
I’ve been wanting to try came in BLACK AND GOLD. They are easier to apply than they look.
1) Rub the sticker-like nail print to warm it up, then peel off
2) Rub your nail with alcohol to remove all natural oils from your finger.
3) Apply Chic Print very carefully, then cut the excess with a scissor.
* The directions said to file the excess off, but let me just tell you how unsuccessful that was. Like drugs, just don’t do it.
*Today is Day 4 and they are still holding up. The ends got a little frayed but I just smoothed them down. I also found that applying clear top coat to the edges of your nail will keep the Chic Print on longer. Just don’t apply it ALL over the Chic Print.
Why did I only do one nail on each hand, you ask? Well..if I had anywhere to go I would have done all 10 digits. Also, I didn’t want to scare everyone at the office with my metallic geometric fierceness!
Interestingly, as I was writing this blog, a Sam Sparro song came up on my iTunes. It’s called “Black & Gold.” Coincidence? I think not…
*Go to Youtube for the “real” video…it’s pretty dope!
November 13, 2010
I had some fun over the weekend with an idea Chantal actually came up with. She found this photo below of the Anne Hathaway as the White Queen from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. I recreated the look and thought I’d share. This was super fun to do, I just wish my wig wasn’t so haggard. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what I should try next! PS I hemmoraged a ton of money at Sephora’s over the weekend and I have ZERO buyer’s remorse…is that bad? I can’t wait to share all my new product reviews with you!
November 11, 2010
Click the name of the cosmetic brand to find the link to these great gifts! Enjoy…
Candy Cane Lane
Includes Shower Gel, Body Lotion and Lip Shine all in Candy Cane Flavor
Great Skin Home & Away
Includes Full-Size Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula, Full-Size Clarifying Lotion, Full-Size Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, Travel Size Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula, Travel Size Clarifying Lotion, Travel Size Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.
Sugar Plum Let It Glow! FRESH $28.00 Includes Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15, Supernova Mascara, Twilight Freshface Glow, Citron de Vigne Eau de Parfum
Beauty In A Box: NARS Junkie NARS $69 Includes Essential Eye Palette, Ophelia Lip Gloss, mini Orgasm Multiple, mini Bronzer in Laguna
Rock For Ever MAKEUP FOREVER $49 Includes HD High Definition Microfinish Powder, Sens’ Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eyes Cleanser, HD High Definition Microperfecting Primer, Smoky Lash mascara in Extra Black and Aqua Eyes Mat Black 0L
12 Days of Christmas LUSH Price ranges from $20 – $300 Includes a variety of Lush bubble bars, bath bombs, shower gels, etc
November 9, 2010
Happy Tuesday Ya’ll! I just bought this killer pair of high heels at Moxsie.com and got a one-time only $15.00 coupon off off anything from their site. I thought I’d be generous and share with my followers and readers.
Here’s the catch. It’s a one-time use only coupon. It’s valid until Friday, November 12.
I will give it to the first person who leaves a comment on this post! I’ve never done a “contest” on my blog before, but MOXSIE is a pretty awesome site, especially if you’re like me and always shopping for UNIQUE, FUN & STYLISH clothing and accessories.
November 5, 2010
Everyone has been asking how I did the Mermaid Zombie look this past Halloween, so I’ll try to explain. (I know…I need to start doing YouTube tutorials).
1) FACE– I applied a sheer layer of MAC Chromacake “White” all over with Fix + Spray to wet it and a big buffer brush (think Kabuki). Followed by a LIGHT LIGHT dusting of Landscape Green Chromacake. I then took a clean blush brush and buffed in Swimming Eye Shadow (a grass green shade) over all over it. I topped everything off with Invisible Set Powder. Highlighted with Lavender FX Hyper Real/Pressed Powder and contoured with Taupe blush. I went over all the contours with Femme Noir (a black-green eyeshadow) and a crease brush. Be sure to get the inner parts of your eyes, from the top of your eyebrows to underneath the eye. Go around your nostrils and under the lower lip.
2) EYES– Um, what didn’t I have ON my lids?! I’ll skip the little stuff here. Various Fluidlines used as bases. Blue Brown Pigment on the top lids, applied WET, with like 5 different shades of dark greens and purples in the crease. Under eyes were also a variety of purples and reds, and I lined the inner rim with Foxy Lady (a true RED eyeliner). Lashes from Sally’s, believe it or not.
3) LIPS– Velvetella creme liner (my FAVE) with Cyber lipstick, and a shimmery burgandy lip glass that was limited. Blood Gel by Cinema Secrets was carefully “dripped” on each corner of the mouth, but not before drawing it out with Velvetella first.
4) CHEST– I applied the same Chromacake technique to my chest and shoulders as I did to my face, including the contouring. Then I drew a stencil out of canvas paper for the “ribs” and used Femme Noir eyeshadow with a big fluffy brush in between it. You can also get this look from an airbrush machine but A) I was too lazy and B) Who has time to clean an airbrush machine?
5) SCALES– I used some fishnet stockings as a stencil and patted Ostentatious Fluidline on. Viola! ;)
*All the products (except for the lashes and blood) used for this look are from MAC Cosmetics, many from their Pro line. Click the link in my other mermaid look to find a Pro store near you.