|Oh, and how cute is the hot pink compressor?!|
DO wear a fun outfit, complete with colorful makeup and crazy nails.
DO network with other bloggers, Youtubers, and makeup lovers alike.
DO bring a friend for moral support — I brought my PR guru, Jenn with me. She does publicity for beauty brands and fashion. You can reach her HERE.
DON’T bring your husband or boyfriend. They will be miserable, and it’s crowded enough without having to fight your way through bummed-out dudes. It’s $40 a ticket anyway, what a waste!
DON’T bring your baby, or his/her stroller. Please see above. And may I add that every baby I saw there, no matter how cute, was distressed from being in the crowds and crying. Give your kid a break and leave him/her with a grandparent at home.
DON’T bring a jacket, or wear thick, heavy clothes. That place was a sauna! So many people packed into one place.
|Pasadena Convention Center|
|My publicist (haha) and beauty PR guru Jen|
|Done with Dinair’s Leopard stencils|
|Get your own airbrush machine here!|
|Gleam by Melanie Mills – a body shimmer product|
|Doing a promo for Style Haul on Youtube!|
|I adore this new line, Lime Crime|
|With the creator of Lime Crime, Doe Deere|
|I just loved her style|
|Margarita break at Islands– it was so hot!|
I am sad that IMATS- L.A. is over… i wish there was a makeup trade show every weekend! But then I would be broke… and starving lol. See you all next time!
I made earrings! They are made with recycled leather strips and metal chains. I’m thinking about adding feathers to them next time I hit up the crafts store, thoughts? If you want one, just leave me a comment below or tweet me @Ladyc_84. I can make any color combo you want. I’ll only charge the cost of production and supplies: $10/each. You wear one at a time. Enjoy!
|Here’s my version|
|Lady Gaga Lipstick and Lip Glass with Spice Liner|
|Upper Lid: Mylar (brow bone), Crystal Avalanche (inner), Gleam (lid), Soft Brown & Malt Shadows (crease)
Lower Lid: Fascinating Eye Kohl, Antiqued and Earthline liner
Lashes: #6 Lashes cut in half and used as demis.
MAC recently came out with a line of Big Bounce gel eyeshadows. I was extremely skeptical of this item, until my fellow artist, Bay Area-based photographer and friend Ashleigh (you can follow her @stayreddy on Twitter) pointed out their Trophy shade.
These gel eyeshadows are extremely sheer, which is why I initially didn’t like them. Ashleigh swept the Trophy’s champagne-pink shade on my hand and said to use it on my cheek bones and T Zone for a highlight, and my eyes lit up. It’s now an everyday staple for me. I adore dabbing it on brides’ collarbones and cheek bones for a subtle and long-wearing highlight that truly looks lovely in photos.
|The funnest bridesmaids around!|
|Here’s to forever lasting love|
1. Mood: Can sunburnt be a mood? Because I can’t stop thinking (and feeling) about the one on my shoulders and upper back. I went to the beach last weekend and totally forgot to get my back. Thank goodness for Solarcaine Aloe Extra Burn Relief Gel. I have an emergency bottle on stand by in my fridge at all times. It has lidocaine HCI (a pain blocker) as the active ingredient and man does it take the pain away.
2. What are your favorite hair products at the moment? I guess this is more of an accessory, but I’m really digging those feather hair extensions. So cute!
3. How do you feel about Chanel No. 5? It reminds me of my mom in the 80s: super glamorous, blue eyeshadow on her lids, red lipstick and a big, bold perm. While she did look fierce for the time, Chanel No. 5 just too strong of a scent for me.
4. Do you ever wear sunglasses? Oh yes: I gotta protect my peepers (and the skin around them) from the sun! I have a ton of Betsy Johnson cheap-o sunglasses I got through some internet sales, and my prized possession: my black Chanels with mother-of-pearl C’s on both sides. I have never spent so much money on one item before in my entire life (excluding cars and rent). And I probably never will again. Those sunglasses will literally be in my will.
6. Three beauty products every woman should have? Some form of SPF, an eyelash curler and tweezers. I’m serious.
7. Three other things every woman should have? Self respect, an education and a large collection of shoes.
8. Do you consider yourself lucky? Very. I feel that most of the things in my life that have happened were from luck. And by luck, I mean God. If I didn’t have God in my heart, I don’t know where I would be right now.
9. Something you’re looking forward to today? Our show is nominated for an Emmy, and we find out tonight if we won….cross your fingers!
10. Weekly goals: Have FUN!!
1. Mood: You know when you wake up one day and you just feel good about everything in your life? Like, you realize it’s not a perfect life, but you’re content with it anyway? #ImThere
2. Have you ever owned a record player? Pops had one. He used to play his disco songs on it when I was really little. I vaguely remember the BeeGees spinning on the 1s and 2s and watching him boogie with his gold chain and chest hair out. And yes, this was during the eighties. Good times, if you ask me.
|Me and Popz in the early 90s. He retired the v-neck shirts earlier.|
3. Do you plan your makeup looks for the week or wing it? I have a “day look” for each season. I’ll change up the foundation, powder, blush according to the season. I try to keep it pretty basic for the office, then I go buck wild on the weekends with color, fake eyelashes, glitter etc.
|Here I am, on a “natural” day with my boyfriend at the Dodger Stadium|
4. A lipstick color that makes me you feel spicy? I’m jonesing for MAC’s Crosswires lipstick. It’s a bright POP of coral. Which reminds me, I need to take in my recyclables and snag that baby for free99.
5. Describe your favorite summertime dress. Maxi dresses all the way! I have a cute gray one from Old Navy that I pair with a yellow neon skinny belt and yellow neon gladiator flats. Fun-ness! I love this color combo…
6. Do you keep a journal? No. I used to when I was younger. A few years ago I went through my old diaries and realized how depressed and angry I was. It was like a scar being ripped open again. I shredded every single page and vowed to never journal again. I only “journaled” when I was going through bad times so to be honest with you, I’d rather not relive them. Maybe I’ll start journaling when I become a mom one day…
|No Thanks. (for now)|
7. Your favorite makeup brush at the moment? I’m really enjoying the angled blush brush from Crown Brush. The angle on it is perfect for applying bronzer. And it’s still stiff enough to apply the bronzer directly where I need it, without fluffing out all over the place.
|Second one from the top|
8. Last time you jumped rope? Please. I have asthma. I couldn’t keep up jumping rope as a kid, let alone now.
9. Are you a heavy or a light sleeper? Incredibly HEAVY sleeper. I’ve slept through earthquakes, farts, my little dog howling at the top of his lungs, phones ringing, TV’s blaring, and both of my alarms- every morning. I imagine this happened from being trained as baby to sleep through noise; my parents having loud Armenian relatives over for dinner. I just slept right through the disco-hummus-wine-laden nights.
10. Weekly goals: Keep up on all my phone calls to friends and family. I’m horrible at that. I’m much more a texter/BBMer but I know I need to make more of an effort.