1) Mood: Hungry and happy. Yes, at the same time.
2) Did you do anything fun over the weekend? My parents were in town, so this basically means I got to eat/live/drink for free99. What could be more fun than that? Now, I’m waiting for my boyfriend to cook me dinner then take me to see “No Strings Attached” at the Paramount Studios theater. Yes, my life is awesome.
3) The new season of Jersey Shore: Love it or leave it? It’s sickening how addicted I am to this show. I am willing to lose sleep just to watch a Tivo’d episode of this deliciously awful show. Oh, the smeared eyeliner and overly frosty eyeshadow with the orange foundation and greasy T-zones…ugh I can’t peel my eyes away from this train wreck!
4) Last beauty related thing you did for yourself? I took a Lush bath using their Honey Lumps bath bomb and their Gingerbread House bubble bar last night….sooo relaxing!
5) Do you do any arts and crafts, like knitting/drawing etc? Aside from doing makeup, I have been sketching, drawing and painting for years. I’m also into nail art. P.S. to my fellow artists: Aaron Brothers is having a Buy 1 Canvas, Get the 2nd One for a Penny sale!
6) Eyes/Lips/Nails/Outfit? My grandma passed away last week, and she was my everything. Since then I’ve kinda let myself go. My nails are chipped and my cuticles dry, I’m wearing Fresh Lip Balm in Plum, with mascara only, in a pathetic jeggings outfit with dirty flip flops. Sorry dudes…this is how I mourn.
7) Have you been sticking to your New Year’s resolutions? For the first time, I didn’t make any. I have a really obsessive personality where I have to organize everything and do things just right or I go nuts. I just thought, this year, why not go with the flow?
8) What makeup do you reach for when you only have 5 minutes to get ready? If I’m running late (more than usual at least) then I will dab on my Makeup Forever HD foundation, MAC Select Coverup, MUF Eyebrow Corrector, a quick squeeze from the eyelash curler and a dab of mascara. Fresh lip balm SPF15 in Plum. I know, that’s still a lot…but the point is I can put it on in five minutes lol.
9) When you aren’t working, how do you like to unwind? Unwinding always includes the dogs. They have such a calming effect over me, and I absolutely adore spending time with them. Nothing beats a night in cuddling on the couch with a puppy in each arm watching a rom-com with a glass (or two) of Pinot Noir.
10) Weekly Goals: Sell my boyfriend’s old furniture (I’m moving in shortly), go engagement ring shopping, start packing to make the move, hit up a Nissan dealership to buy out my leased Murano, work out like a mad woman, do my nails, be there when the new furniture gets shipped. This is a BIG week for me and I’m pretty stoked! Wish me luck🙂
***Boyfriend’s furniture is on Craigs List and Facebook’s Marketplace, if you guys are interested, let me know***
I came across this Yahoo Shine article and it had some interesting stats regarding women and their dependancy on cosmetics. While I am a makeup artist and beauty fiend, I know what’s logical and what isn’t. I don’t put on makeup to go to the gym. I don’t need it to run errands. But I do have a rule: I will NOT go to work without makeup on. It’s so important to look your best in a professional setting. No matter what your job is: a beauty rep, a doctor, a drive-thru worker, an office personnel, a retail employee. People LOOK at you all day. You are being paid to represent whatever company has hired you and it’s your responsibility to look the part. This isn’t about vanity, it’s about the bottom line. Sallow dark circles and chapped lips aren’t going to get you a promotion, ladies. Below are some stats from the article and my thoughts on them:
The average woman waits about 2.5 months before going makeup-less in front of her partner: Every relationship is different, and I think it’s all about comfort level with this one. I personally waited about a month before unleashed my “bald face” (my word for a makeup-less face) to my boyfriend, but really, there is no right answer with this one.
Six out of 10 women will not go to work without makeup:
Uh, this needs to be 10 out of 10 women. Even if you have good skin, you need some blush and some lip gloss. Something to show you gave a damn!
37% of women think their managers would assume they didn’t take care of themselves:
This goes back to what I was talking about above. My dad told me something when I was in high school that I still refer to; “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.” If you want to get that promotion, look like you care!
Nearly 25% believe they would be ignored for a promotion if they didn’t wear makeup:
Now, this I don’t agree with. I have seen bald faced girls get promoted time and time again, and good for them. I think if you are honestly a hard worker and doing a great job, then you will get that promotion regardless of if you wear makeup or not.
I’d love to know your thoughts!
Looks like: clear watery gel
Here are some of the MAC products I used to create this look:
White Chromacake (Pro)
Velvetella Lip liner
Viva Glam 3 Lipstick
Platinum Pigment (Pro)
Black Paintstick (Pro)
Invisible Set Powder (Pro)
Happy Tuesday! Here’s a quick video on how to contour your face using makeup. Below are the products I used:
Contour: Taupe Blush (MAC)
Blush: Goddess Blush- Limited (MAC)
Brushes: all used were from Crown Brush
Make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel so I know that people care! LOL