1. Mood: I’m aight. It’s been a bit windy lately, and you know what that means: goosebumps all over and lipgloss in my hair. If it was just a teensy bit warmer, I’d be a happier girl.
2. What’s been the hardest thing about getting into makeup? 1) Money (or lack there-of) and 2) Research. It’s time consuming, but it really helps to read reviews, test out samples and make sure the product you are buying is worth it, and won’t just sit in your drawer for nine years before you finally decide to throw it out.
3. What’s your favorite limited edition makeup collection (if you have one)?
I am still mourning the loss of MAC’s Lure Collection from 2006. All the colors were so useful and beautiful! And the packaging was this gorgeous bright teal color (my fave) I still have all the products and use them sparingly.
4. How did you land your current job? My day job, I was promoted to my current position of Publicity Coordinator from the last job I had at CBS Corporate. My life has had a lot of luck in it when it comes to work (knock on wood!) and I am so grateful for the job I have now, as well as my freelance work as a makeup artist.
5. Three things you’d like to accomplish in the next three months?
– Return my leased car and buy a gently used VW Tiguan #dreamcar
– Purchase an airbrush machine
– Book more weddings- my goal is to literally have at least one wedding every weekend this summer
6. Where were you 10 years ago? 2001- I was a junior in high school. On student council, with short flippy hair (complete with red and mustard yellow highlights) and head over heels in love with N’Sync. My binder and room were littered with photos of the boys and I would stalk them at every casino that held an awards show. I couldn’t even think about dating real boys, because I was too busy obsessing over Justin, JC, Joey, Lance and Chris. I would like to formally apologize to anyone who was unfortunate enough to cross paths with me at that time, as I did not shut up about JC Chasez and how I was going to marry him.
|Side Note: my BF looks a lot like JC, guess I have a “type” huh? SCORE!
7. Tell me about your hair. Well, there’s too much of it. Oh, you’re talking about the hair on my head? Well, I’m very blessed in that department. It’s long, thick and shiny. I don’t have to do too much to it, and I’m grateful for that, because I totally suck at doing hair.
8. Describe yourself in three words. Compassionate. Funny. Artsy.
9. What jewelry are you wearing? My mom’s diamond earring studs that my grandpa made her (she gave them to me after I graduated college), and some dangly brass colored leaf-shaped earrings.
10. Weekly goals: Enjoy my Friday off, hit the gym at least 3 times, and lay off the chocolate. LOL