October 12, 2011
1. Mood: Inspired. I’m been plotting mine and Dylan’s Halloween looks as well as my Halloween tutorials and I’m SO excited to see how everything comes out!
2. A children’s book that brings back fond memories for you? Adventures with Huckle Cat and Lowly Worm. Does anyone remember this precious series? I learned how to read on them. Love!
3. If your life were fictionalized and made into a movie, what genre would it be? It would be a dark comedy. I constantly laugh all day long, and like most people, I’ve been through many tragedies that have helped shape me to who I am today.
4. Are you saving up to buy anything? Ugh when am I not saving up to buy something? I’m currently saving up to “buy” us our next vendor for the wedding, haha.
5. Where was your first kiss? Spin the bottle at a party in 5th grade. What…a scandal.
6. A book you started reading but never finished? The Catcher in the Rye. Bo-ring Zzzzzzzzz
7. Do you have a good luck charm? Does Cappy count?
|Cappy sun bathing in our backyard
8. Your favorite place to grab cheap eats? Fresh & Easy has great to-go salads for like $6 each.
|Fresh & Easy’s Chinese Chicken Salad
| 9. Which celebrities or other famous people have you seen in real life?
Too many to count. I work in entertainment and live in Hollywood, so I’m always around the famous (and the Z listers, lol) I did almost lose my shizz when I saw Michael Jackson walk past the restaurant I worked at on the Las Vegas strip about 8 years ago!
|The Sunset Strip
10. Weekly goals: Research Florists and Coordinators, tape my next Halloween tutorial and hopefully post it on Youtube, hit up Costco and make it to church and LACMA with D on Sunday.
October 12, 2011
Advanced Home Actives Brazilian Peel
: $78 — This product touts itself as “An at-home, professional
-strength peel with four once-a-week applications” and they weren’t kidding. The second the peel touched my skin my eyes started burning. It was worse than cutting into a room temperature onion. My skin felt tingly, and not in a good way. I lasted maybe two minutes before splashing cold water all over my face. I don’t have sensitive skin, but for some reason, this peel was way too strong, and didn’t do squat for my skin. It looked exactly the same as before, with the exception of feeling a little burnt and sore. For the steep price, I’d rather just cut into a juicy onion and rub it into my skin for torture. Never again.
I’m giving this product an O for Ouch.
October 10, 2011
Boo! Here’s my Day of the Dead look for my Halloween series. I wanted to do a feminine take on the traditional Dia de los Muertos mask, so I added glitter and made the eye sockets turquoise. It’s different than the one I did last year. Click here
to take a look. This look was so much fun to wear, I actually waited a few hours to take it off! Below is my tutorial on how to create this look for yourselves. Enjoy!
|Here’s the photo I got the inspiration from
MAC PRODUCTS USED:
French Violet paintstick
Invisible set powder
Hyper Real FX white powder
Plumage eye shadow
Eyeliner Mixing Medium
*All the products above are Pro-only. Plumage eye shadow and the Fluidline eye liners are sold at every MAC.
October 5, 2011
Ombre nails are all the rage right now (see my previous blog). I was inspired by this model’s nails from Jen Kao’s Spring 2012 runway show for my next nail look…
…and a Refinery29
article sent to me by the lovely Electra (Electric Eel) Earl…
Sephora Collection’s Chic and Rebel (black) and Curacao (bright turquoise). Buy them here
for $4 each!
Start off with clean, dry nails. Sweep a thick, heavy amount of the black polish on the bottom half of your nail. Then immediately following, swipe a thick, heavy amount of the turquoise on the top half. Quickly swirl the two colors together before they dry using the end of a toothpick, nail brush or dotter.
The only tricky thing here is that it takes a bit longer to dry since you are drenching your nails in thick layers of polish. I stood in front of our fan for about five minutes letting my digits dry, then topped everything off with a fast-drying top coat. Ta-da!
|Don’t mind my tattered cuticles 😦