Hi bloggers! Over the summer, I bought a ton of beauty supplies, etc and thought I’d share with you. A haul of sorts, but I’m calling it a “Shop and Tell.” Below are my reviews for each product, as well as a video. Enjoy!
1) Organize-Her by MEAD – Sold exclusively at Target I am obsessed with this entire line of notebooks. I have the grocery shopping notebook that comes with tear-out shopping lists and pockets for your grocery cards and coupon clippings. If you’re like me and have a million planners and schedules all filled with the exact same information, all because it makes you feel as if you have some kind of control in your life, than this is for you.
2) Nail Tool from Sally Beauty Supply I wasn’t really a huge “Sally” girl, but they have the best selection of nail polishes and nail tools. I got my little tool (one side is a dotter, the other is a thin art brush) for about $6.
3) L’oreal Lash Serum Since I filmed the video below, I have applied the Lash Serum nightly for about 2 weeks. Do I see a difference? No. #worthless.
4) Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara Not really a Revlon girl, but ever since the old Opulash formula from MAC made some of my lashes break and fall out, I was desperate to restore them to their original glory. For $7 this is literally a miracle worker. My lashes are flowing and extending. The gentle formula is great for sensitive eyes and feels nourishing, without being sticky or clumpy. I like the fat brush it comes with too. Fan for Life.
5) Crest 3D White Strips- 5 Minute I’m a coffee/soda/red wine drinker and so whitening my teeth every six months is a must. For those of you, who like me, have zero patience and time to wait for those half-hour formulas to work, this is a great alternative. It does the job. I mean, my teeth aren’t blindingly white, but I did notice it cleaned up some of the staining and gave my smile a brighter look. I apply the strips to my teeth at night before bed. Put on my PJ’s, do my nightly OCD routine of making sure everything is organized for the next day, then remove the films and brush my teeth to get rid of the extra gel. Five minutes. Done. I would totally do it again.
6) Halloween Lashes- Rite Aid Haven’t tried these yet, but I adored the teal colors feathers popping out at the ends!
7) L’oreal Ever Strong Conditioner– In love with the entire line. Its sulfate-free formula is gentle and your hair is shinier than Whitney Houston’s forehead when she performs onstage. Amaze-balls.
8) Aveeno Face SPF 30– I like trying out different SPF formulas each time I run out, and I always stick to SPF 30 or higher. So far, this formula is great. Not too greasy and stays put under my foundation. I do get a little shiny later on in the day, but let’s face it, it’s been like 100 degrees in Los Angeles. I’m lucky my makeup stayed on my face at all.
9) Fresh Sugar Honey SPF 15– At $22.50, it’s the most expensive lip balm on Earth and I would buy it again and again. I get compliments on the new Honey shade daily “Is that a lipstick or gloss? It’s so natural, what are you wearing?” I literally just wear this alone on a daily basis for work, and it’s SO soft, has SPF to protect your lips, tastes great and gives off a lovely flesh toned color. It’s butter for your lips, without the calories.
10) Clinique Acne Spot Healing Gel -At $14 a pop, this little miracle worker will last you at least a year, if not more. It contains salycic acid and softly murders your pimples without burning your skin.
11) Skintimate Cream Shave– Great substitute for shave mousse, which can dry out your skin and is costly. A little bit goes a long way, and you don’t even need lotion after.
12) Secret Natural Mineral– I sweat like the cops are after me, and this is the only deoderant to date that has held up to the job. I’m always on the look out for deoderants, and this one will do… for now.
13) Lime Crime Eye Shadow Helper– This is Lime Crime’s eye primer. It comes in a cute Tiffany blue container. Since the video, I have tried it and well..it’s a little oily. Not my fave, and no where near as good as Urban Decay’s Primer Potion in Eden.
16) Orbit Sweet Mint– Best flavor of gum out there. Enough said.
Watch the video to see the products and more thoughts!
Crest Extra White with Scope Outlast – Ok, I know this isn’t technically a skin product, but I love it so much I had to mention it first. You know those toothpaste commercials where the people go about their day smiling and “feeling fresh all day long?” This toothpaste gives you that fresh feeling for at least 3 hours. NO KIDDING. If I could give one product to each American, it would be this hands down. I give it two Blackberry Messenger thumbs up! Oh if everyone could have fresh, minty breath!
Purity Face Cleanser– I buy this in bulk from Philosophy’s website. I have the 32 oz. bottle with a pump sitting in my shower as we speak. Its mild formula is wonderful for all skin types and still strong enough to remove makeup. A quarter-size amount does the trick. I use it every night in the shower (the hot water opens up your pores and allows for all the dirt/oils to come out easier.)
Fresh Sugar Face Polish — Two words: Ob.Sessed. Okay, one word. But still. The wild strawberries and brown sugar make this smell –and I’ll admit– taste yummy. The grainy texture really polishes the skin without feeling rough.
Rub Rub Rub — with citruses like lemons and orange, floral components like Jasmine and sea salt, this body scrub doesn’t mess around. I stir it up to mix the salts at the bottom and dab a dollar coin-size amount on my loofah and scrub-rub-rub away about once a week. This is great to polish your skin and get it ready for any self-tanners you may use.
Neutrogena Micromist Sunless Tanner– I lightly mist myself with this after rubbing in some of Loreal’s Sublime Bronze tanner into my skin. I like the combination of using a gel tanner, then misting with this spray tanner to get overall coverage and a deep, glowy, natural color.
Loreal Sublime Bronze Clear Self-Tanning Gel – I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Sublime Bronze line of tanners from Loreal. Most of them left me glittery- getting sparkles all over my clothes- and splotchy. Worst of all, my skin looked patchy as it wore off. HOWEVER, the GEL product is great. The light clear formula dissolves into your skin and mixed with the Neutrogena mist above, gives great color payoff, without getting splotchy or patchy.
Victoria’s Secret Heavenly Mist– I have really bad allergies, and I usually wake up feeling pretty nauseaus so I stay away from heady, strong perfume. I love the Heavenly body spray– call me old school, but it does the trick and the scent is, well…. heavenly. The boyfriend likes it too.
Bubble gum Lip Scrub— Any flavor of Lush’s lip scrubs do the trick. It’s got jojoba oil and castor sugar, so it’s not honey-like or sticky. I stand over the sink after I brush my teeth at night, and crumble the little crystals all over my lips. I wash the extra off and dab on my lip balm, which is coming up…right below.
Fresh Lip Balm — This product is so worth the $22. I have the clear one for night time and the Plum shade for day that I wear under my gloss.
Creme de la Mer — I don’t want anyone thinking I’m a big spender here, because I’m living off of a sample of this stuff lol. In a perfect world, Creme de La Mer face cream would cost $10 a jar, and I would slather it all my body. *Sigh
When Hope is not Enough Serum — Can’t get enough of this anti-aging serum! I squeeze two drops onto my fingers and pat it onto my skin like I’m playing the piano. Safe to use around the delicate eye area. I top off with a moisturizer like Creme de La Mer or Philosophy’s own Hope cream.
St. Ives Replenishing Mineral Therapy — This is a great basic lotion for hands, feet and all over. I particularly love the smell…it smells like a soapy rain forest, if you can imagine that. It’s one that the boyfriend and I share, so I call the scent “man-friendly.”
I am excited to share with you a plethora of beauty products that I recently got on my last (few) trip(s) to Sephora. I’ve recently started branching out and trying different brands. Most of my makeup career, I’ve relied heavily on MAC Cosmetics products, mostly because of my training there for 5 years and also because I get a SWEET discount with them. However, lately, I’ve felt a craving for more… variety. I mean, I can’t call myself a good makeup artist if I mainly use one line of cosmetics! This recent urge has taken me on many trips to Sephora and several beauty counters, as well as poring through Youtube tutorials and online reviews. Every waking moment I have had the last few weeks has been spent educating myself on all the different brands and TRYING everything! I feel like I have a whole new world at my fingertips, but also, like I am doomed because of course all of this is COSTLY up the wazoo. Anyway, below are my new findings and what I thought of them.
Click the name of the cosmetic brand to find the link to these great gifts! Enjoy…