Everyone has been asking how I did the Mermaid Zombie look this past Halloween, so I’ll try to explain. (I know…I need to start doing YouTube tutorials).
1) FACE– I applied a sheer layer of MAC Chromacake “White” all over with Fix + Spray to wet it and a big buffer brush (think Kabuki). Followed by a LIGHT LIGHT dusting of Landscape Green Chromacake. I then took a clean blush brush and buffed in Swimming Eye Shadow (a grass green shade) over all over it. I topped everything off with Invisible Set Powder. Highlighted with Lavender FX Hyper Real/Pressed Powder and contoured with Taupe blush. I went over all the contours with Femme Noir (a black-green eyeshadow) and a crease brush. Be sure to get the inner parts of your eyes, from the top of your eyebrows to underneath the eye. Go around your nostrils and under the lower lip.
2) EYES– Um, what didn’t I have ON my lids?! I’ll skip the little stuff here. Various Fluidlines used as bases. Blue Brown Pigment on the top lids, applied WET, with like 5 different shades of dark greens and purples in the crease. Under eyes were also a variety of purples and reds, and I lined the inner rim with Foxy Lady (a true RED eyeliner). Lashes from Sally’s, believe it or not.
3) LIPS– Velvetella creme liner (my FAVE) with Cyber lipstick, and a shimmery burgandy lip glass that was limited. Blood Gel by Cinema Secrets was carefully “dripped” on each corner of the mouth, but not before drawing it out with Velvetella first.
4) CHEST– I applied the same Chromacake technique to my chest and shoulders as I did to my face, including the contouring. Then I drew a stencil out of canvas paper for the “ribs” and used Femme Noir eyeshadow with a big fluffy brush in between it. You can also get this look from an airbrush machine but A) I was too lazy and B) Who has time to clean an airbrush machine?
5) SCALES– I used some fishnet stockings as a stencil and patted Ostentatious Fluidline on. Viola! 😉
*All the products (except for the lashes and blood) used for this look are from MAC Cosmetics, many from their Pro line. Click the link in my other mermaid look to find a Pro store near you.
Happy Halloween! I hope everyone had a fun weekend. I am EXHAUSTED. And in the next couple of days as I post blogs, you will see why. Friday and Saturday were full of appointments, but they were well worth it. I actually stayed in Sunday, the 31st because I was officially out of steam! This year, I decided to go with the mermaid costume, but I wanted to be my OWN kind of mermaid, not your typical Ariel. I made fish scales on my chest, shoulders and face using fishnets stockings as a stencil. I wanted to look “wet” so I used tons of Light Green Glitter by MAC (only in Pro stores, click HERE to find one near you) You will notice that I took these photos before I put on my lipstick and gloss, but there’s a reason for that: I needed to eat a slice of pizza! LOL So please forgive me for my half-done lips…
* Click to make the photos bigger!